- Ginormity (hereafter referred to as ‘we’ and/or ‘us’) is deemed to be a responsible party in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013, as amended, consolidated or re-enacted from time to time, and includes all schedules and regulations thereto (“POPI”), and is obliged to comply with the provisions of POPI.
- Should you decide to transact with us through www.ginormity.com (hereafter referred to as ‘the Website’), make use of we may require you to provide us with personal information which includes but is not limited to the following –
- your name and surname;
- your email address;
- your physical address;
- your mobile number;
- We exclusively transact on an ‘electronic funds transfer’ or a ‘cash on collection’ basis. We therefore do not collect or retain your financial or banking details on our database, and thus your financial information is not at risk through possible exploitation of our database.
- You may choose to provide additional personal information to us, in which event you agree to provide accurate and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
- The purposes for which we will use your personal information are as follows:
- in relation to the sale, payment and delivery of Goods;
- to contact you regarding the status of orders placed and delivery thereof.
- to inform you of current or new products or services (provided you have consented to receiving such marketing material);
- to inform you of new features, special offers and promotional competitions (provided you have consented to receiving such marketing material); and
- to improve your experience on our Website by, inter alia, monitoring statistical non-personal browsing habits, and to transact with us.
- We will not use your personal information for any purpose (other than as stated above) without your express consent. We will not use or disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, unless the use or disclosure is –
- required in order to comply with applicable law, order of court or legal process served on us;
- disclosure is necessary to protect and defend our rights or property; and/or
- to protect us against legal liability
- We will be entitled to disclose your personal information to those of our employees and/or third party service providers who assist us to interact with you via our Website or email, for the sale of Goods, processing and facilitating payments for Goods or when delivering Goods to you, and thus need to know your personal information in order to assist us to communicate with you properly and efficiently. We will ensure that all such employees and/or third party service providers having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality and non-use obligations in relation to your personal information.
- We will –
- treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
- take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- provide you, after having provided adequate proof of your identity, with access to your personal information to view and/or update personal details;
- promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
- provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request; and
- upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control.
- We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
- Non-Personal Information
When you interact with the Website, we automatically collect certain personally non-identifiable information (“Non-Personal Information”). The Non-Personal Information we collect may include, without limitation, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, domain name of your internet service provider, your approximate geographic location, a record of the Website pages that you visit, the time of your visits and aggregated Personal Information that cannot be used to specifically identify you. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies is strictly for statistical purposes and to determine the visitor traffic patterns through the Website and cannot, in and of itself, be used to specifically identify you.
- We undertakes never to sell or make your personal information available to any third party unless we are compelled to do so by law.
- Whilst we will do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.
- Privacy Laws
Use of the Website and any electronic transaction concluded with us are governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa. If you access the Website from locations outside of the Republic of South Africa, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.
Our Website may contain links to and from the websites of our affiliates and/or distribution and retail partners. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please familiarise yourself with these policies before you submit any Personal Information to these websites.
- Contact us
Please feel free to contact us if you have any queries regarding these or any of our other policies.